It uses a built-in microphone to amplify a parent's voice through speakers in the back seats.
Made me think of the "Better Off Ted" episode, "Bioshuffle" (Season 1, Episode 9):
- Ted: So, what is it?
- Phil: We call it "The Voice of God."
- Ted: No, we don't.
- Phil: No, we don't.
- Linda: Field testing shows that the subject, or "victim," as I like to call people "helped" by Veridian Technology, can be hundreds of feet away and will hear the message as though it's being whispered only to them.
- Phil: It's highly persuasive. Advertising companies are very excited because it will allow them to burrow even deeper into the human brain.
- Phil: At full power, the sound wave is so intense it can cause vomiting.
- Ted: A machine that causes vomiting. Well, that could have all kinds of applications for the military... and fashion modeling.