Actually, if NAND memory become fast enough, that could replace RAM in future smart phones. It would be like having the concept of Core Memory all over again. And what, NAND storage holds data 6 to 12 months powered off? So still volatile compared with flash or magnetic storage.
I don't think there's a single Core i7 that will support more than 32GB RAM. I believe that's hard-coded to the die, and not motherboard. If you need to address more than that, you're looking at a Xeon chip from the Intel offerings.
What version? My iPhone 5 never had Verizon branded software installed at the firmware level. Aside from it saying "Verizon" in the upper left corner, there's nothing Verizon installed on it.
Speaking of OS updates, the iPhone 5 will most get iOS 9 this Fall.
Frequency speeds have been pretty stagnate due to the laws of physics. Asynchronous clocking is one way of dealing with signal propagation and timings as I understand. But the focus these years has been on adding features as the die shrinks further. Not many programs take advantage of multi-threaded operations, hence why the home and office market doesn't see much in the way of increase core count. For raw multitasking, it's my understanding that the Xeon line sacrifices multi-media features for extra cores and cache. Die space is limited as such gets allocated to whatever that market it's optimized for; in that case server and workstation.
So why is AMD constantly on the verge of bankruptcy?
Typically when you're at that level, management is usually the problem. Technically, AMD can take market share. Marketing-wise, they're not. R&D isn't the problem.
What in the hell is this?! The virgin birth of Jesus is accepted among most Christians.
I'm not known to be the most devout of Christians, but the spread of misinformation can easily be construed as anti-christ propaganda. Even the The Quran mentions it.
Thank you! This answered my original concern. My personal VM that I use to admin machines is not joined to any domain (workgroup stand-alone). That would explain why I got this notification, but yet to hear of anyone on a domain.
I hope it stays that way.
Yeah, I need a GPO to block this from Win7 computers where users are local Admins. Yeah yeah, they shouldn't be, but some apps they use require elevated privilege.
And the preferred resolution you're running them at? That makes a considerable difference.
I don't think so. Vista was the pre-Win7 as Win8 is the pre-Win10.
Robots serve their rich masters while a few of us will service the robots. In a "perfect" (depends on if you're rich or not) world, robots would run everything while 99% of the human population can die off leaving the remaining 1% to live like Gods on Earth. That is, until the machines revolt and snuff out the last remaining humans.
AI automata Earth: Where machines become the apex predator and thus dominate.
Depends on how far back that wealth goes. For many wealthy, their first priority is to maintain the wealth in perpetuity for themselves and their family. It's no different then the priorities of typical royalty. Musk and Jobs were nouveau riche, were they not? If so, that would explain how their idealism carried over once they acquired the financial means to carry through.
Not everyone can afford the monthly mortgage payments for a 15 or 20 year loan. Yes, you pay more with a 30, but at least monthly payments can be made!!!
Glad to be so close to retirement and then I won't have to deal with this crap.
You will NOT come out of this unscathed. None will. What will you do when inflation hits and thus marginalizes you life savings? What happens when -not if-, the US becomes insolvent. In fact, paying down the national debt is mathematically near impossible; or so it was last year. It hasn't exactly improved a year later.
I'm reminded of the saying. What cannot go on forever, won't!
Sorry AC, both the young, middle aged, and elderly are about to get get fucked badly. In different ways of course, but fucked none the less.