The other issue is triangulating kinda relies on either continuous or multiple transmission. It mostly boils down to you observer the transmission form multiple points, and measure the received energy at each. Next you do a bunch of math to figure out where the transmission likely originated from based on the different energy detected at the receiving stations. Doing that with accuracy to handful of meters as would be needed to quickly id a drone operator and respond is kinda hard when
1) the detection stations are far a part
2) there are structures or land forms that might absorb EM (you will need more than just the inverse square law)
3) you don't have a lot of receive station density. (cells can be quite large in rural areas)
4) you don't know what EM to tune to
5) dynamic conditions changes in atmosphere etc
The technology to auto pilot or simply execute on simple instruction is getting smaller lighter and cheaper. Already some consumer drones can proceed to a set GPS coordinates by themselves. If you don't need to be in constant or even frequent contact with the drone but only need to occasionally send a quick "GOTO $lat,$long,$altitude" it might be very hard to track you down.