Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission Summary: 0 pending, 6 declined, 0 accepted (6 total, 0.00% accepted)

Submission + - (SL)Hacker finds HTTP protocol flaw everyone knew! (darkreading.com)

DGtlRift writes: "Wong Onn Chee "discovered" a flaw with the HTTP protocol involving the POST method and slowly trickling data to server as a DDoS via Agentless BotNet attack that effects every HTTP server in the world. The problem with this "discovery" is that any embedded engineer that has implemented HTTP services on memory and realtime constrained systems (should already) know of this issue (since at least 1994), and send a 504 for poorly performing clients even if a proxy wasn't involved — a slight adulteration of the protocol, but protects the service..."

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...