Yes, but now that '50 Shades of Grey' is out, can you imagine what the producers would have wanted to do with a title like that?
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
I think too many journeys through the Time Portal (aka Scotch Whiskey) really fries the old brain cells.
And once he really tried to think through cats and women he just lost it. Therein lies madness.
Enlightened self interested wins every time.
Between Curiosity and Rosetta we seem to be in an age of Space Selfies.
And they say that robots don't take after their creators....
This is a sterling indictment on the state of either autocorrect, non-physical keyboards or the dangers of using bath salts.
My head asplode.
You don't even need to go that far to spoof this sort of surveillance.
1. Collect DNA from hundreds or thousands of humans, animals, plants from your local sewage plant or equivalent.
2. Clear off the icky parts, do a bulk DNA purification that can be done with kitchen chemistry. Much easier than making meth.
3. Freeze dry the stuff
4. Package in convenient creme, aerosol or get (bonus points for 'sporty scent')
5. Sell in local stores as 'natural health aid' - bypasses difficult FDA or DEA regulatory requirements*
6. Sprinkle on before attempted crime or just twice a day along with your tin foil change (you DO change your tin foil regularly, yes?)
7. Profit! **
* in USA only, Depending on status of lawmaking and regulatory agencies, YMMV. Not valid in the Eurozone.
** Patent Pending as soon as we figure out how to do this on a computer.
Really. For all the issues with GoPro's firmware (and they are legion), this really doesn't rise above the background. If you are using a WiFi enabled GoPro for anything resembling a secure system, you are doing something very wrong.
It's a good thing you're not a script writer. You're no fun at all.
"Beam me up, Scotty'
We have a ways to go yet.
Murphy was an optimist.
And, these days, there are more USB charging ports than expresso stands. You can charge your cell phone from your car, your laptop, any handy wall outlet, the sun and likely from the extra calories in your Big Mac in a few years. The use case for easily replaceable batteries is pretty weak.
SD expansion is only an issue if you don't get enough memory in the first place. Sure, there are edge cases and folks around here are edgier than most - but for the vast majority of cell phone users, these simply aren't very important issues.
Now, decent keyboards - that's another story...
Your conspiracy theory only makes sense if you know absolutely nothing at all about what's actually going on.
That's the very best kind of conspiracy theory.
As is true in real estate, the quality of life depends largely on your neighborhood.
Don't over think this one.
What good is a Doomsday device if nobody knows about?