W....T....F....? "Well he hasn't beat any other customers so we're not going to do anything" Verizon said
This is not as bad as it sounds. Ok ok, just hear me out: IANAL but it appears that given the fact that verizon DIDNT fire him DESPITE his actions would mean an almost certain victory for the victim against Verizon in any civil suit along with hefty punitive damages. It would be even worse if the tech ends up hitting someone else and the second victim sued too.
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.