1. A self-optimizing AI system is developed to trade stocks, scanning the internet to identify factors that influence prices and replicating actions that it sees have been used elsewhere.
2. The system initially chooses to sell stocks based on negative news stories about companies (eg of a DDOS attack on a company's web site).
3. The system finds it can make more profit if, after it has sold stock based on fresh bad news, by rebroadcasting that news to social media to multiply the effect.
4. The system finds it can make more profit if it embellishes the stories before rebroadcasting them.
5. The system finds it can make more profit by actively participating in the DDOS attack.
6. The system finds it can make more profit by replicating the action and launching its own DDOS attack (after first short-selling the company's shares).
7. The system finds it can make more profit by launching other kinds malware attacks like infecting factories, airline navigation systems, car networks, etc.
Just post them all on "Hot or not"
CM stays close to the current Android release - whereas vendors are usually far behind, some never updating at all.
Samsung released the JB stock rom for the GS3 some time back.
The latest stable version of CM for the GS3 is 9.1, based on Android ICS.
It's not about individuals receiving free copies (which, you are right, would not be allowed). It's about the government office negotiating free copies or a bigger discount so that they can make their budget go further.
"they are built in such a way that social providers have full visibility into a user's browsing behavior".
And that is exactly why they are popular with web sites.
It's quite common in some parts of the world. Have a look at the tops of the walls in this Google Street View - A random street in Johannesburg.
It's not Google's fault as such, but it is their problem
Yes it is Google's fault for implementing a take-it-or-leave-it approach to permissions. Eg if I install a flashlight app, I should be able to agree to permission to keep the device awake, but not to access my location and SD card or have full internet access.
iRobot has gained a lot of experience in robots, but they are missing an opportunity to make it big because they do not have focus. They produce such a wide range of products - Military and domestic - none of which has the "Wow factor". I think if they focussed on building something which did a useful job really well, they could become the Apple of robotics. The time is really ripe for it and if they don't fill this gap someone else will.
Oh, wait a minute - It's just change to 667. Maybe it's true after all.
Kindle DX2 please. 11 inch screen with this new screen tech please.. I know a LOT of people that would kill for an A4 size screen.
Nope: A4 size is 14.3 inches diagonal. US and Canada "letter" size page is 13.9 inches diagonal.
Two Norwegian day traders who outwitted the automated trading system of a big US broker have been cleared of all wrongdoing by the country’s highest court.
Movies are popular attractions for dates*. You can take a date to a bad movie, and won't necessarily reflect poorly upon you. But if you take a date to a bad movie because happened to be cheaper than a putative good movie, you're just not getting laid
You're assuming that the price of the date is fixed