actually, illegal sites got a better ranking then the official one
It is my opinion that then/than are probably two of the most misused words in the English language. Then, an adverb meaning at a time. Back then I used to not care. Than, a conjunction used as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison or as a preposition to show relation to or comparison with (usually followed by a pronoun).
The correct statement would there be:
Oh, wait. This is a geek site, sorry, my bad.
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.