Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!

  • View

  • Discuss

  • Share

We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).

×

Comment: Re:He's good. (Score 1) 188

by Cederic (#49362615) Attached to: Prison Inmate Emails His Own Release Instructions To the Prison

You really don't understand banking at all.

Neither, it would appear, do you.

I can't open a bank and magically create money to deposit into your account in the form of a loan. That money must come from somewhere - and does come from somewhere.

Shit, have you even heard of capital adequacy, and the regulations mandating it?

Comment: Re: He's good. (Score 3, Insightful) 188

by Cederic (#49362581) Attached to: Prison Inmate Emails His Own Release Instructions To the Prison

Oh look, a broken record.

Tell me, if my fiat currency isn't worth anything, how come I'm able to use it to acquire land, a house on that land, the contents of that house and a nice car that lets me travel to and from it?

Might not have value to you, but it's been pretty fucking useful to me.

Comment: Re:Scott Adams & Gender Bias (Score 1) 345

The 73 cents on the dollar lie

It's surprisingly close to the truth. For every dollar a man earns, a woman gets 73 cents.

This leaves the man with 27 cents, but feminists still appear to think this is unfair.

Ok, I'm joking. The truth is that a married man will only spend 40% of his income - his wife will spend the other 60%. Unless they're divorced, in which case he only gets 30%.

Comment: Re:"Women" have done no such thing (Score 1) 345

Yeah, damn those inconvenient confounding factors like greater experience and longer hours.

Surprising, that when you compare single childless women in their twenties to single childless men in their twenties, that the women earn more than the men. Damn that shitty statistic, for not complying with the almighty feminist agenda.

Fuck you.

Comment: Re:Ford GT (Score 1) 637

by Cederic (#49355931) Attached to: Jeremy Clarkson Dismissed From Top Gear

I don't know how much of it was just for the show or if he really feels that way.

Maybe the fact he went out and bought one, and imported it into the UK is a small hint?

Although he's recently commented that it turned out to be a truly shit car to own, and he regrets the purchase. But that's because it was a shit car to own.

Comment: Re:what will be more interesting (Score 1) 637

by Cederic (#49355887) Attached to: Jeremy Clarkson Dismissed From Top Gear

For the money? BBC will not loose any money for the lack of advertisement. So what other reasons could there be?

Maybe the extensive international sales that pay for the filming, pay for the trips, pay the wages of everybody involved including Clarkson himself.

The BBC just took a massive financial hit by choosing not to renew his contract. It's the right decision, but don't go pretending that it hasn't hurt them.

Remeber what he did in Argentina?

No, what did he do in Argentina? I mean, other than admire the stunning scenery and drive a car around?

People in Argentina bleat on about other shit, but they're talking total nonsense - much like their comments on the Falklands.

Comment: Re:what will be more interesting (Score 1) 637

by Cederic (#49355829) Attached to: Jeremy Clarkson Dismissed From Top Gear

Sorry but the jokes about prostitutes, Mexicans, cheese-eating surrender monkeys and bridges with their ends at different heights should not be disciplinary offences.

Shit, I've heard Ben Elton make cunt jokes on the BBC, but he's a lefty darling so nobody sacked him for it. Clarkson employs similarly edgy humour to entertain and I'm fucked off with the PC brigade that caused him so much shit about it all.

Learn to take a fucking joke.

Incidentally, which n-word? November? Nostril? 'Nuh nuh' as someone below has commented? Whichever one you're referring to, you do realise that Clarkson himself reviewed that tape and requested that it wasn't broadcast. Hardly the act of a man intent on inciting racial hatred is it.

You can bet that if the producer had punched Clarkson there wouldn't be all this fuss with people endlessly making excuses for him.

No, they'd be congratulating him, wishing they'd had the chance, putting him forward for the honours list.

I never cheated an honest man, only rascals. They wanted something for nothing. I gave them nothing for something. -- Joseph "Yellow Kid" Weil

Working...