...Changes to tabs and the Top Sites feature will naturally invite comparisons to Google's Chrome, which was introduced last fall and is available only for Windows. Chrome, like the new Safari, also places multiple tabs at the top of a window and offers a similar gallery view of recent sites. But simply seeing Safari's new interface as something cribbed from Chrome is a bit unfair; Apple has provided its own take on both concepts that seems inspired as much by the mobile version of Safari included on the iPhone and iPod Touch as by Google. And for a public beta — one that no one outside Apple knew was coming — Safari 4 seems stable. I've yet to come across any show-stoppers in regular use.
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.