Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
I don't think he's calling all banks everywhere evil, he's really talking about the big banks. They are evil: they wrecked the economy, then got paid for it with taxpayer dollars.
There are other banks that aren't so bad, but they're usually much smaller, confined to one state or local area usually. Credit unions are also usually pretty good.
But banks like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and worst of all HSBC are evil through-and-through.
As for regulation, that'd be nice, wouldn't it? Too bad we can't have that.
That does not make banks "criminal organizations," equivalent to drug mafias.
Complete bullshit; this is a lie.
HSBC has been laundering money for drug cartels for quite a while now, and nothing's been done about it, and no one is prosecuting them. Money laundering IS a crime, so this by definition makes this bank a criminal organization.
You are a liar.
Interesting. I'll be sure to avoid Mexican-made VWs then; I had suspected that. But as for taking production back to Wolfsberg, last I checked there were still lots of VWs made in Mexico.
I tend to hang onto my cars for a long time; so far I've had a Japanese-built Acura which was bulletproof, and now I have a Belgian-made Volvo which seems pretty bulletproof too (even though Belgium is not where it was designed.
No way in hell!
She is part of the problem. Old, corrupt, polarizing, etc.
Literally every president - and candidate - since Reagan has been called "polarizing". Look at Romney with his whole "47% of the country will never vote for me, so we need to focus on the remaining 53% to win" thing. Why is it an issue now?
Why must we keep electing people who are so fucking stupid?
Well, we're about to elect Hillary Clinton. She's not stupid. She thinks everyone else is stupid, and she's got enough supporters who don't care whether or why she's being feloniously coy about things like her email use (her lawyer just this evening explained that Clinton has destroyed all of her email that wasn't printed out to lamely respond to demands for her records from her tenure at State).
When she's president, don't ask why we elected a stupid person. As why we stupidly elected her. We'll have eight years to think it through. Yay.
approximately 1/3rd of people are suffering from mental illness (typically depression) at any point in time
1/3 of people aren't airline pilots.
And more to the point, 1/3 of people don't take out their depression on a hundred or so other families by slaughtering a plane load of people.
So what if you have one of these jobs and are going through a rough patch?
Everybody goes through "rough patches," but very few of them kill themselves over it, let alone decide to kill a hundred other people just to add some more drama to it. The whole point here is that you can't have someone in a position of responsibility like that, and have them be one of those much more fragile people who become suicidal/murderous over a "rough patch."
If it takes something bad happening in their life to make it clear they can't keep a level head and maintain their professionalism, then they are not in the right line of work.
should you pre-emptively interfere in many people's lives, because there is a chance that their symptoms correlate with destructive behavior
"Many people" are not commercial airline pilots.
It's probably not a matter of will, but of opportunity. The guy said he took work in a warehouse stacking boxes... how the hell do you expect him to afford an Altium license? Obviously, that's something you learn on someone else's dime. But if they're not willing to hire you because you don't know that tool, then you have a catch-22.
Wow, that's rather ridiculous: $30/month (USD equivalent) for some stupid radio website? That should be what you pay for internet access!
As for blocked sites, that's easy to get around with a VPN. Which is a lot cheaper than $30/month I might add.
Why would Germans of that time have a Browning, instead of a Luger?
It's surely crap, just like QWERTY. Dvorak and Colemak are superior.