Yeah go ahead and vote the big R and then wonder how all these H1B1 Visas are taking your job away. Unless you are a CEO they are not on your side and do not care about you.
H1B1 Visa's are only because there are not enough applicants to fill a position. Just ask any republican and they will tell you and set the facts straight in interest of protecting the workers.
It is illegal not to pay an H1B1 Visa worker less than a qualified worker. It is stated so it must be true!
Can it be saved?
Short of a 2nd Steve Jobs type of CEO there is nothing left to do but sell.
I do not think Marrisa is bad. The fact is Yahoo was the leader in search, chat, groups, news, and media integration at the turn of the century. THey let it all go to shit soo bad that they can't recover.
1. Yahoo chat rooms rocked as well as AIM in 2000. THe porn spammers came in and ever 30 seconds even kids room got spammed. In 2009 I went back 9 freaking years later and all were porn BOTS!! No one did anything.
Seriously. I would have stopped this within days if I were Yang back then as people would leave and get freaked out and do not want RUssian porn spams every 30 seconds.
Skype now has audio, vidoe, calls, etc. Google Chat has this plus Google+ integration in it's own version.
2. They missed the mobile presence. DONE. THe market is made up of two. Apple and Android. No more no less. Windows Mobile is pretty nice and trying now but it is just too little too late and if Microsoft can't even get it you know you are in trouble being much smaller.
3. THe search sucked. Excite then lycos, and ultimately Google came in with intelligent data mining searches rather than just do a search for text like Yahoo did. When they got beat they shrugged their shoulders like they did with the porn spam bots for many many years and then act all shocked when everyone left?!
4. The site redesign is made for old people who do not like change or details. Old people rarely use the net more than looking at a news story or two and sending messages to their grandkids on facebook. Yeah lots of views there even if that is their demographic now.
5. They let websites like 4chan and drudge take over younger people's audiences.
6. THeir answer to livejournal and facebook was Yahoo360??! Please by 2006 it was too late.
Google deserves all of its fame. They delivered a supperior product and kept improving it at a rapid place and viewed complacency as an emeny. Google made sure they had a marketing. They also went into newer markets first before a threat could come in.Yahoo did the opposite.
I blame Yang the founder for its issues.
Yahoo needs to invent something out of this world now just to keep up. A new CEO can only do so much for places like Yahoo, Kmart, JCPenny, and other has been companies beaten out by nibble competitors. I guess like kmart you can't compete after a Walmart came in and even Target to a lesser extent.
It doesn't matter.
If the share price doesn't keep up and it has no shareholder value than the shareholders need to force a sell and a liquidation.
When your value is worth less than your assets it is chapter 7 dissolution or sell time.
Time to throw in the towel and give back the money to the shareholders. I am sure the building and the brand name might mean something to someone at this point.
But the CEO will be giving quite a black eye from this and would look pretty bad for the resume so it is a give and take.
I find no straight 10% line unless you include the volatility of the 1990s so I am skeptical and would never think my savings will always grow 10% compounded year over year. If that were the case the top 20% would all be millionaires by now.
I bought not the EVO, but the EVO PRO which is faster and more durable for $255 at Tiger Direct in store.
If you haven't run an OS on an SSD you can't comment. I can't go back.
The OS won't have the hourglass while it thrashes the disk waiting on i/o to complete. Even on a modern OS poorly threaded apps will chock on i/o and slow your whole system down. It is maddening now.
Yes they do.
My single Samsung pro has double the speed of a raid 5. Many many times more in latency too.
Hilariously, that is the first actually valid reason to switch from 7 that I've ever heard.
It is why the Mac Pro's only support 8.1 in bootcamp.
Is Windows 9 here YET?
I was so hoping to see it at BUILD a few weeks ago.
Maybe not a cell phone interface
Until all the apps are full screen only with no way to leave unless I get thrown back into a cell phone I wont be switching. I hope the apps only have 3 or 4 functions that are all hidden by default.
That would be sooo cool. I am sure if I go to a starbucks with such a gui I can get so many chicks owwing and ahhing and using my hip touch screen. Sharkwire looks so cute
But that includes the inflation of the 1990s which are overbought. If you include from the beggining and including the great depression you will see a much less modest return. 10% growth is over as everyone is in now.
They most certainly are not fine.
Winrot hits these things and users are used to +5 min boot times these days when you have McCrappy taking whole corporations down every 4 hours on Tuesday where only 1 app can be open at a time. Yes that example was bad but typical in a corporate environment with cheap CIOs.
SSDs make computers like cell phones.
The reason people do not upgrade computers like CEll phones is because computers are boring and very very slow and bulky. Cell phones use flash ram and everything is instant.
It is time we said goodbye to platters they are sooo terrible.
I was about to get a new i7 as I run lots of VMWare workstation domain setups and VMs. It takes 20 minutes to start and shutdown 7 or 8 VMs at a time even with 16 gigs of ram on my AMD phenom II. It is 6 core though.
I bought a samsung pro 256 gig and WOW! I can start them all in about 2 - 3 minutes now. I could probably load them in 1 minute if I had a more powerful CPU as I assumed my CPU amd phenom II 2009 era was the bottleneck. IT was I/O all teh way until I did the upgrade. Now I may not even get an i7