Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
This is not the first time that a school methanol experiment has gone horribly wrong.
In 2006, an experiment involving methanol severely burned two students at Western Reserve Academy. Both 15-years-old at the time, one student had burns over 18 percent of her body and another student had burns over 46 percent of her body.
The two eventually negotiated an $18.9 million settlement with the school."
Link to Original Source