Waxed my cablemodem so I could surf faster!
Thanks, now I'm having dirty thoughts about your DOCSIS.
The solar flare thing that was supposed to affect us this afternoon (in the USA).
Which raises the question, did anyone notice?
Well, I certainly didn't. Actually had a better throughput on my connection than I did the previous day.
Oddly, the site is offering to let me moderate you now. But that would be immoderate.
You were probably joking, but for anyone who is really confused, it's coronal mass ejection. The solar flare thing that was supposed to affect us this afternoon (in the USA).
"That is because Eberle's prosthetic hand is programmed to only work with the stolen iPod, and vice versa. Now that the iPod is gone, he said he has to get a new hand and get it reprogrammed with his prosthesis."
I see three possibilities.
1) The article is wrong, possibly to guilt the thief into returning the Ipod.
2) This is an incredibly bad design by Touch Bionics [http://www.touchbionics.com]. Why would you make a $70,000 piece of equipment permanently dependent on a specific Ipod Touch? Ipods do fail or go missing.
3) This is an intentionally bad design to generate revenue. Maybe GM should do this with car keys? "Oops, lost the keys to the corvette. Better buy a new one.""
Link to Original Source
Don't you just love how the Facebook login page will volunteer the name and linked account for an email address, if someone's registered it?
who would vote this as flamebait?
"The Lego Movie," for example, is listed as "currently unavailable" on Amazon. Set for release in the home video marketplace on June 17, there is no option to place a preorder."
Link to Original Source
We have other OS distributions that that live just fine on SD cards or sticks, already. If you want to bring computing to slums as a useful resource, the big problems are probably really:
1) actual hardware, shared or not, to run whatever open source OS you pick;
2) electricity to run the hardware and shelter for the hardware;
3) people to train those who have never used computers before, may have other literacy issues besides, and quite possibly speak dialects you will have difficulty getting localization for; and
4) affordable/free network access if these people want to use the internet.
I'll bet these are not the only issues, but if you don't address these, I suspect your money and time will be mostly wasted.