1. Prototype PHP code written and tested in an afternoon.
2. Business case written in an afternoon (forgetting to include the profit generating point.)
3. Vulture Capitalist drinks too much at lunchtime pitch and agrees to provide $BIGNUM
4. Development of real codebase begins.
5. Vulture Capitalist sobers up and demands that the new service starts NOW!
6. Prototype code goes into production.
7. Real codebase development abandoned.
Because if I didn't have a viable alternative to Windows, sooner or later, I would have headed to Seattle and gone postal on the Redmond campus.
Actually I would have gone with a funny mod vs insightful.. I believe he was referencing this: http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/4309/
We're here to give you a computer, not a religion. - attributed to Bob Pariseau, at the introduction of the Amiga