- The state legislature interfering with local school boards (Wake and Guilford counties)
- Banning the use of LEED standards for public buildings (not just not requiring, banning)
- Jim Crow 2.0, oops, I mean, Voter ID laws (cuz there's fraud to be seen, if you really squint hard enough)
- Not just loosening enviro standards for fracking, but letting Halliburton re-write the rules
- Gutting pre-K educational funding
- ..and at least one legislator proposing a state religion in a bill that eventually was scuttled
So believe me, this is an incredibly minor incident, compared to the other B.S. that's been foisted on us by Art Pope and his cronies in the legislature and (since 2012) the governor's mansion. (I have friends who have protested in Raleigh and were arrested for trespassing as a result.) And oh yeah, nobody has explained how any of this will create jobs in a state that consistently has an unemployment rate that's 2% greater than the US average.