- Ending the wars.
What wars? We haven't been in any wars since the 40s. Read the Constitution. Congress should read it too.
- Regrettably Bush was responsible for the draw-down in Iraq. Obama just held to the agreement.
Obama has to deal with the real world, not the virtual world that exists only in plans and hopes.
- Human rights. He's deporting people in droves.
Good. Some people ought to be deported. All illegals for instance.
- He's murdering citizens based on the decisions of a secret council.
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you trying to impress the girl at the campus bookstore? She doesn't read /..
- Transparency. His administration is seeking to weaken the Freedom of Information Act. He doubled-down on prosecutions of whistle-blowers. He's stonewalling on Solyndra and Fast-n-furious.
- Guantanamo. Still going strong.
He can't close it. He's the president, not a king.
- Medical Marijuana.
Strange, but there's been plenty of medical and "medical" pot available in some places. Again, he's president, not king or a wish granting faerie.
- Hell, he just added a new foreign base in Australia. Do we really need to expand our military into Australia?
Yes. There's this thing called the world we and we are in it. It's 2500 marines and few planes. More people attend any given pro sporting event.
- Sure, other presidents might have been worse. I don't care. I voted for a guy who promised he'd be different. He wasn't. He lied.
It was childish on your part and his to think he had a magic wand of wishes. President (not KING) Obama knows things that candidate Obama did not. Every teen swears they will be cool to their kids, they can promise anything they want to their hypothetical kids. There's no consequences and they have no authority to make these wishes happen. When adulthood rolls around, the teen is now the parent. The parent now has the authority to set policy AND bears responsibility for the outcome of those policies (and the limitations of the real world). If the kids are lucky, the parent will not be cool and will be a parent.
Presidents work the same way. As candidate they can promise everyone a pony. They can't make it happen and they don't have to deal with the costs. Once elected they have to deal with the costs and logistics of coming up with 300,000,000 ponies.
He didn't lie, he offered things he couldn't deliver, either because it was wrong to offer them or because Republicans oppose him on everything. If i tell you "i'm going to arrive at 7" and then get run over on the way, i didn't lie to you. i made a promise that i couldn't keep because i'm not omniscient and omnipotent.