Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - Weather Channel Buys Wunderground, Storm Warning! (nytimes.com)

4phun writes: The NYTimes writes, "In the eyes of Weather Underground’s ardent fans, the Weather Channel appears to represent the wrong kind of weather information: personality-driven sunniness and hype, they say, rather than the pure science of data. "

"It happens all the time"

  “Something great gets invented and sold in the United States, and it gets bought up and destroyed.”

To illustrate the shock and anger, it is as if it was just announced that Microsoft's Balmer bought the biggest Open Source software provider and turned it into a Microsoft subsidiary to eliminate competition.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...