... in scientific research when you see the following:
- Best research papers are published in the local language, and not in a foreign language
- The country hosts the best scientific publication entities.
- Scientists do not have to learn a foreign language to do research and read papers.
- Other countries' scientists have, at least, a working knowledge of your language.
- The best and brightest in the world come to study at your graduate schools.
- The best and brightest scientists want to immigrate to your country (to have the opportunities to work on advanced research).
None of these apply to China yet, and I don't think it happen in 10 years, let alone 2 years. So, if I were an American policy maker, I'm not gonna to freak out yet.