Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Graphics

Submission + - Bioinformatics with NVIDIA 8800GTX and PS3 (lifesciencessociety.org)

rbrinkman writes: "It seems you can put that 8800GTX for good use while waiting for Duke Nukem Forever to be released. Researchers have shown that game hardware such as GPUs and PS3s are a cost-effective platform for some computationally demanding bioinformatics problems including those involving clustering and Monte Carlo permutation procedures. No word on the PhysX though."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Bioinformatics with NVIDIA 8800GTX and PS3

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...