The text of the message Tivo sent:
Dear TiVo Subscriber,
As Daylight Saving Time commences three weeks early this year, we thought we'd beat the clock to let you know how this unusual schedule might affect recordings on your TiVo(r) Series1 DVR. (Hint: Chances are slim.)
While the TiVo service will continue to automatically record your Season Pass(tm) programs and WishList(r) searches at the correct airtimes without incident, there are two things to note:
1) For the three weeks that follow the new Daylight Saving Time start date (March 11), your Series1 TiVo(r) DVR may display the incorrect time.
Again, to be clear, this is only a cosmetic issue and should not affect your Season Pass(tm) and WishList(r) recordings.
2) If you have any MANUAL recordings scheduled between March 11 and April 1, you
will need to adjust those recordings as appropriate. Here's how:
- From TiVo Central, select Pick Programs to Record, then To Do List.
- Locate your Manual Recording (by channel, date, time) and adjust accordingly. For example, if you have a daily manual recording from 8:00 am — 9:00 am, you will need to change it to 7:00 am — 8:00 am on March 11. (Quick Tip: If there are no recordings in this list preceded by the word "Manual", there's nothing further you need to do.)
- On April 1 be sure to change it back to its actual time, i.e., 8:00 am — 9:00 am.
For more details, please visit www.tivo.com/dst
Thanks for being a TiVo subscriber and here's to a beautiful spring!
- Your friends at TiVo