Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - Amazon Web Services Wins CIA Cloud Contract In Court

cagraham writes: A US Court of Federal Claims Judge has ruled that Amazon Web Services won their $600 Million CIA cloud contract legitimately. When the contract was initially given to AWS over rival IBM's cheaper bid, IBM challenged the decision with the government's General Accounting Office. Despite the increased price, the CIA apparently chose AWS due to their ability to autoscale. The win is a huge victory for AWS, which is seeking to establish itself as a major player for government tech contracts. IBM has announced they will appeal the ruling, although its unlikely to see a reversal.
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Amazon Web Services Wins CIA Cloud Contract In Court

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...