Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Space

Submission + - Dilithium-powered space ship engine in development (arstechnica.com)

menno_h writes: Humanity has been in space for a while, but we really haven't managed to go very far. Carl Sagan once said that "the surface of the Earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean, and recently we've waded a little way out, maybe ankle deep"—that was in 1980, and we haven't risked testing the water any deeper since then.
Ideas like warp drives are still theoretical, and unlikely to be seen within our lifetimes. However, it might be possible to cut that trip to Mars down to as few as three months. Yep, just like Star Trek.

This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Dilithium-powered space ship engine in development

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...