Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Censorship

Submission + - Airtel: An Indian ISP Penalized For Blocking a Torrent Site

An anonymous reader writes: India's Department of Telecom has instructed ISPs to block popular torrent trackers like the Pirate Bay and IsoHunt. Recently, consumer forum penalises Airtel for blocking torrent sites and deficiency in providing Internet access when it blocked torrent sites earlier this year, following a Madras High Court Order received by Copyright Labs. The opponents are directed to pay Rs. 20,000/- to the complainant for committing deficiency in service and thereby causing mental agony to the complainant. Further the opponents are directed to pay Rs.2,000/- towards litigation charges to the complainant. A copy of the Court’s order is available here.
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Airtel: An Indian ISP Penalized For Blocking a Torrent Site

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...