Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - John McCarthy, creator of LISP closes his last par (techcrunch.com)

Centurix writes: "The creator of Lisp and arguably the father of modern artificial intelligence, John McCarthy, died today. He studied mathematics with the famous John Nash at Princeton and, notably, held the first “computer-chess” match between scientists in the US and the USSR. He transmitted the moves by telegraph."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

John McCarthy, creator of LISP closes his last par

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...