Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Google

Submission + - Is Google Requiring Legal Names on Google+? (blogs.com)

An anonymous reader writes: The debate over Real Names on Google+ is intensifying, and Google is not giving many answers. The official word is that legal names are not a requirement; the official policy says to use "the name that you commonly go by in daily life." But there are already reports of people being suspended from the service for not using their legal names. A blogger's e-mail exchange with a Google representative, the first published clarification of the policy, sheds little light on the subject. Q: "How does Google define 'the name that you go by in daily life'?" A: "Unfortunately, I cannot go into more detail."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Is Google Requiring Legal Names on Google+?

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...