Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Businesses

Submission + - Samsung to sell HDD unit to Seagate in $1.4B deal (computerworld.com.au)

angry tapir writes: "Samsung Electronics will sell its hard-disk drive operations to Seagate Technology in a US$1.375 billion deal. The deal stands to solidify Seagate's position as the world's second-largest maker of hard disk drives and comes less than a month after market leader Western Digital said it would buy Hitachi GST. If both deals go through, the hard disk drive market will have just three players by the end of the year, the other being Toshiba."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Samsung to sell HDD unit to Seagate in $1.4B deal

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...