Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - How Open Source is Slashdot? 3

HikingStick writes: "I'm not sure if you've been asked this before, but is the code behind Slashdot proprietary or open source? From reviewing the copyright statement, it is clear that the Slashdot page design and non-user-generated content are owned by Geeknet, Inc. I was just wondering if the code that drives the message board, the moderation system, and the other features we know as Slashdot are open- or closed-source.

If open, I'd love to utilize the framework as part of an Intranet site I'm working on. If not open, why not?"
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

How Open Source is Slashdot?

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...