Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - Emergency dispatcher fired for facebook drug joke (news.com.au)

kaptink writes: Dana Kuchler, a 21-year veteran of the West Allis' Dispatch Department, was fired from her job for making jokes on her Facebook page about taking drugs. She appealed to an arbitrator, claiming the Facebook post was a joke pointing out she had written "ha" in it and urine and hair samples tested negative for drugs. But the arbitrator said she should be entitled to go back to work after a 30-day suspension, but the City of West Allis complained that was not appropriate.
Is posting bad jokes on Facebook a justifiable reason to give someone the boot?

This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Emergency dispatcher fired for facebook drug joke

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...