Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook


Forgot your password?
Take advantage of Black Friday with 15% off sitewide with coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY" on Slashdot Deals (some exclusions apply)". ×

Submission + - Laptop battery fire kills five (

Flu writes: Four children aged 1 to 9 and their mother died from the toxic smoke, likely caused by an overheated laptop battery, as the battery caught fire late one night. The state forensic laboratory begun an investigation after the fire and today published their results. The remains of the computer was however so devastated that neither brand or year of manufacture could be determined.

The house lacked smoke-detector, and the laptop had most likely been placed on a coach when it caught fire.

The link is autotranslated using google translate, but the original (in Swedish) is here.

This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Laptop battery fire kills five

Comments Filter:

"Necessity is the mother of invention" is a silly proverb. "Necessity is the mother of futile dodges" is much nearer the truth. -- Alfred North Whitehead