Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
- Manually create Amazon machine image (AMI) for experiment.
- Issue command to start AMI on specified spot instance type.
- Automatically connect EBS to instance for result storage.
- Automatically run specified experiment, bonus if this can be parameterized.
- Have AMI automatically terminate itself upon experiment completion.
Something like docker that spun up on-demand spot instances of a specified type for each run and terminated said instance at run completion would be absolutely perfect. I also know HTCondor can back onto EC2 spot instances but I haven't really been able to find any concise information on how to set up a personal cloud — I also think this is slight overkill. Do any other Slashdot users have similar problems? How did you solve it? What is your workflow? Thanks!"